Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Beautiful Day!


Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day, and the worst day to not have a working camera.

The kids and I were invited to go with a friend of Emma's from school to the Dallas Arboretum.(check it out at http://www.dallasarboretum.org ) We have never been before, and it was gorgeous. The Tulips were in perfect bloom, and tulips are my favorite. There were activities for the kids, including face painting, where of course Emma and Annabelle were painted like princesses. Wesley loved running around and touching all the flowers. I was so proud of him, because he would barrel over to the flowers and then stop and slowly bend over to touch them softly. He did not once grab at a flower. We strolled along in the cool breeze, smelling sweet Hyacinth, and listening to lovely music. It was a wonderland for the senses, and very soothing.

We left the gardens and headed to Emma's ballet practice. She is really enjoying her class, and when Mark came home from work she gave us a demonstration of what they have been working on. She was so cute, and we were very impressed with how much she has learned. She moved in time to the music and was graceful, something I have never been accused of.

The weather was so nice yesterday, that we went for another walk when we got home from ballet and played for an hour on the swing set outside of our apartment. Wes loves to swing! If I pull the swing up and let it go, he squeals "Wheeee!" He can also climb up the fort ladder, and get back down all by himself. That's a big deal. We are so looking forward to having a backyard of our very own for the kids to explore everyday.

That brings me to another reason yesterday was so beautiful. Our option period for our new house expired without any complications or surprises! We went over to the Elstrod's last evening, and were able to meet John. We have really been blessed to find this home and to be able to get to know the current owners. They are of a very sweet and generous nature. We have been assured that we can now start packing!! Which I suppose I better get started on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't the Arboretum beautiful? I loved when we lived so close to it. I miss that area a lot.

Let me know when I can come and help you pack. It is much more enjoyable having someone to talk to while you do it.