Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Out of The Mouth of Babes

Conversation with Wes:
Mom : "Wes, why are you being so ornerey today? You've been acting a little crazy."
Wes : "Oh. Um, I want baby."
"You want to be a baby?"
"No. I want have a baby. Oh mom, get baby at the store!!"
"You want to buy a doll at the store?"
"Mom, you are funny. No doll. I want have a baby. I be big sister like Emma."
"You want to have a little baby brother or sister?! This is why you are acting up."
"Let's go mom! I so excited! Let's get baby at the store!"
"You're going to have to wait and talk to your dad about that."
When Dad came home:
"Dad, we need go to the store and get baby! I so excited!"
"What?!"
(Brief explanation)
"Wes, do you want to have a little brother or sister?"
"I want baby. I be big sister."
"No. You would be a big brother."
"Oh! Yes, I be big brother like Emma."
"Do you want a little brother or a sister?"
"I just want a baby."
"Well, your mom and I will have to work on that. But, we can't get a baby at the store. I'm sorry. It might take awhile."
"I so excited!"

So, anyway, I guess we have some work to do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's really hard work too. Sigh....

Lindsey said...

i bet Mark is thrilled to "work on that" with you! :)

Amber said...

OOH LA LA!